Tuesday 9 August 2016

Who am I? What am I doing?

Who am I? 
I'm a 40 something year old guy with a young family who loves the outdoors. 

In the past I did a lot of long distance hiking including the Pennine Way, West Highland Way, a 2 week hike in Mongolia and 4000 mile hike called the Hyakumeizan Challenge. On these trips I used expensive 'bombproof' equipment that would survive day after day of abuse. The only drawback of using this kit is that this kit weighs a tonne!

What am I doing?
In this blog I'll be aiming to document my successes, failures, experiences and discoveries as I make the transition from heavyweight hiking to ultralight adventures. I'll be applying an a ultralight approach to hiking, climbing, wild camping, canoeing, fly fishing, wild swimming, ski touring, and landscape photography.



No comments:

Post a Comment