Thursday 11 August 2016

The after work mini adventure

I work 10 hour day / night shifts - sometimes I have to work 8 in a row. I love my job (paramedic) but these runs of shifts leave me mentally exhausted. I've decided to break the monotony of these runs of shifts by sneaking in a mini adventure in the 22 hour window between days shifts and night shifts.

This obviously limits where I can have these adventures but fortunately living in Sheffield means I have wealth of beautiful countryside within a half hour drive (mostly Dark Peak area).


The first thing I'll be setting out to do is to prepare a full kitted ultralight pack which I can grab on my way to work and ready for an after work adventure. I've not got stacks of cash so I'll be looking to put together a set up whilst parting with as little cash as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment